Loss Control Consultant
This position will be a field position working in North Carolina as well as Southwest Virginia. Travel: 60% travel, primarily by auto. Overnight travel of up to 25% (once or twice per week). Company fleet car provided. Field position operating under our remote worker policy and based in candidate’s home office.
Responsible for providing consultation and training to employers regarding safety matters. Develop business partnership and ambassador-type relationship with insured policyholders. Evaluate physical premises, equipment, materials, work practices, and safety policies and programs. Conduct safety surveys of employers’ premises to gather information to assist in risk selection as an integral part of the underwriting process. Work with management to develop loss control strategies that will have the greatest impact on company success measures.
RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS: (Core for All)
- Identify potential hazardous conditions and unsafe acts that may have an adverse impact on employee claims and assist the client in reducing or eliminating those hazardous condition or unsafe acts. Review business processes and operations. Make recommendations for best practices in safety.
- Research and analyze technical information, specifications, type of equipment, legal standards, and losses, etc. Write and summarize technical information into practical, usable reports.
- Train and/or make presentations to customers on loss prevention and safety related topics by participating in internal and external meetings. Make presentations to internal/external staff as needed.
- Gather and communicate pertinent safety information to assist in the risk selection part of the underwriting process.
- Assist customers with the development of accident/loss prevention and/or safety programs. Monitor and measure the effectiveness of customer programs, corrective actions taken and meetings held.
- Manage territory of assigned accounts/policyholders and ensure each one gets the appropriate level of service based on premium amount and employer size.
- Coordinate policyholder visits with Business Development (Marketing and Underwriting), agent and/or Claims.
- Assist with the development of safety brochures, materials and exhibits for promotion and display.
- Represent company in community and industry safety groups, programs and conferences.
- Maintain strong relationships with independent agents to discuss new and existing clients, specific account loss control reports, analysis, and loss reduction recommendations and to respond to any agent concerns, questions, or issues.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS FOR SENIOR LOSS CONTROL CONSULTANT:
- Demonstrate progressive responsibility and technical knowledge applying principles based on experience.
- Work on complex problems which have broader impact.
- Independently resolve situations.
- Contribute effectively in cross functional teams; may take on leadership role.
- Demonstrate proper collaboration in exchange of relevant elements with other disciplines (e.g., claims, underwriting).
- Develop recommendations to change existing policies/programs.
- Demonstrate well-developed conflict management/negotiation and presentation skills.
- Provide assistance with training, development and mentoring of loss control staff in safety and accident prevention policies, procedures, ride-alongs, presentation techniques, and sampling equipment.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1153951 Requisition #18-2253